Thursday 7 August 2014

I've opened an online shop!

I've been wanting to open an online shop for a while now to sell things that I design and make. I thought that with it being the Summer holidays now is the perfect time. 

My shop is found on Etsy (think Ebay with a creative edge and handmade goods) and is named PAISLEYELEPHANTSTALL (take a look now if you want, the link is found below). I wanted my stall to have a theme quite different to my own personal style of design and art (which is pretty dark) so therefore after being inspired by one of my favourite musicians, Jimi hendrix, and the bohemian side of Kate Moss' style, the shop is focused on colour, patterns and detail (lots of beads, fringing and sequins!). 

To start off, I have made six unique bracelets created with satin ribbon and embellishments such as beads, sequins and embroidery which surround the main feature of a patterned button found in the centre. I've decided to create small items and accessories such as these bracelets as a starting point to the shop and as I progress with designs and direction I will eventually move on to clothing (the most exciting part!).

I have no intentions of making a profit through the shop so I will try and price my items at a low cost. The reason behind setting it up was to give myself more experience as a seller selling online and as a designer designing in a different kind of style to what I am used to. (Although I would be made up if the shop sold one item at least!)
These bracelets are all priced at £3. If you're interested visit the shop: 


Follow the Instagram account too: PAISLEYELEPHANTSTALL 




No comments:

Post a Comment